Saturday, February 14, 2015

Guest Speaker: Graham Evans

Graham’s presentation was probably my favorite so far. First, I like that he works with a non profit that is advocating for attention towards one of the biggest issues in the pacific northwest. From there, the group discussions that spurred from filling out his Business Model Canvas were beneficial to the group in a few ways. For a while, I have seen a non-profit as a way to get a job, but not a career. However, Graham showed us the impact a non-profit can have and if it was something I am passionate about, success would not be measured by a paycheck.

I have mostly considered success to be directly correlated with dollars and cents but this gave me a completely different perspective. However, Graham’s presentation did have a lot of benefits to every type of business. I have started using his Business Model Canvas to help flesh out my business ideas. As mentioned in other blog posts, I am not entirely confident in any of my ideas. The canvas is helping to drive these ideas forward as well as help me develop entirely new business ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment